Friday, October 11, 2013

Are You Finding Quality Machine Embroidery Designs?

I am the queen of online research. If something interests me, I look it up. If I need to figure out an embroidery technique or troubleshoot one of my machines, I look it up. Lately, though, with many weird allergies, I find myself spending unproductive time looking up allergens and diet information. I would much rather be finding new machine embroidery inspirations!

Strangely, as I remove items from my diet, one by one, in order to find out what is causing my distress, I also find that I am culling my sewing room at the same time. My fabric dye cutter and my small embroidery machine are the latest items that have found new homes. I thought I would be sad to say goodbye to my sewing friends, but giving up carbonated beverages has been much harder.


Getting rid of the excess items in my sewing room has had an immediate and obvious benefit with more space and less clutter, while giving up berries has not elicited any improvement at all. I have, of course, added new items to my diet like cottage cheese for protein and yogurt for all of the benefits it contains. I don’t think adding new items to my sewing room would be a good idea, though! Having more space for laying out patterns and storing my embroidery supplies is wonderful. It’s just a shame I can’t clear out my sinuses as easily as I can my sewing room.

Being organized is a matter of only buying the things we absolutely need, getting rid of items that serve no purpose, and putting things away. Being healthy isn’t much different; get rid of the unhealthy things, add healthy foods and activities, and figuring out which is which.

As I am taking the health and organization journeys together, I think I am conflating the two. Why shouldn’t I feel healthier if I clean out my sewing room? It makes sense if you squint! Maybe I’m not doing it completely right. While I am adding new, healthy items to my diet, I haven’t added any new, fun items to my sewing room. That could just be the ticket to the destination I am seeking!

Instead of another trip to the doctor, maybe I simply need to reward myself with an online escapade to my favorite embroidery design gallery! Maybe I’ll find a fabulous free embroidery design to spark my imagination or a new technique for something beautifully 3D for Christmas.

I did get rid of a bunch of old thread, so I bet I can find a need for some new threads for machine embroidery! And, new thread wouldn’t be contaminated with cat hair or garden dust, so I can argue that it is healthier for me, right?

Instead of researching, I’m going to do my own study! Good food and beautiful projects! I’m not sure if running a sewing machine can be considered exercise, but I know for sure that embroidery designs aren’t carbonated! Be on the lookout for my final report!

No comments:

Post a Comment